TLG’s Corporate & Commercial Division is looking for a Legal Intern to join its Team, perform administrative and legal task(s) and support with the Division’s daily work and activities.
Internship Period: September 2018 to October 2018.
Working hours: Full-time (9:00AM – 6:00PM), but, could be flexible based on our needs and the Intern’s availability.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Organizational skills.
- Experience with MS office
- Must be above 18 years old.
- Must be a law graduate, currently enrolled in University and taking up to LLB or pursuing any course or degree related to Law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Detail Oriented.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizational Skills, Managerial Skills, Analytical Skills, Critical Skills, Good understanding of Law, Competence, 1-2 year/s experience, attention to detail, responsibility, efficiency and Team work. Advantage: speaking second language and having experience in UAE.
EMPLOYEMENT TYPE: Full time
INDUSTRY: Law firm
- Reviewing and analyzing agreements
- Administrative work (file keeping and monitoring)
- Book, record and file keeping
- Drafting Legal Opinion, Legal Proposals and Advises
- Assisting in negotiation, arbitration cases and settlements
- Sending Correspondence to Clients
- Providing callers with information
- Standardizing documentation
- Developing and marketing the department
- Pitching to clients
- Setting potential client meetings
- Handling all corporate legal processes
- Researching and working on research memorandums
- Submitting a monthly report for work, department and progress
- Attending internal and external meetings
- Company incorporation and renewals
- Dealing with Dubai and Federal Authorities; DLD/DED/MOE etc.
- Courier and translation management for clients, follow-ups with clients
- Vesting Municipalities and administrative department and authorities
- Handling matters at Notary public
EMAIL ADDRESS: Send your CV to email@example.com
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Legal Group Advocates and Legal Consultants is a leading full-service boutique law firm based in Downtown Dubai. The company has built a strong reputation for its work in the legal arena including litigation, intellectual property, corporate and commercial and technical/ construction advisory. The firm is lead by experts with decades of experience and a management team who believe in high quality legal services and excellence in client care and satisfaction.
JOB DESCRIPTION OF MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working together with head of litigation, at partner level this position will be responsible for (without limitation):
- Handling litigation matters/ cases (criminal practice is not essential)
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations
- Independently drafting complex legal agreements (in the areas of corporate, commercial, IP and construction)
- Ensuring satisfaction of compliance obligations with regulatory authorities (including but not limited to the UAE)
- Draft advices, and pleadings and witness statements, and prepare internal briefings
- Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defences involved with cases or matters.
- Act as a team and team leader for an assigned group within the office and provide direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Overseeing and managing legal projects with minimal supervision.
- Cooperation with Managing Partner on all Litigation matters in the office.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate absolutely MUST:
UAE National, preferably male
- Have 4-6 years PQE
- Must hold an LLB
- Command broad litigation experience in UAE Courts
- Possess exceptional drafting skills (with a keen eye for detail)
- Be self-motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience managing multiple parallel deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills and the ability to contribute to a team environment; and
- A proven track record in complex transaction negotiation, oversight and execution
- Have excellent inter-personal skills and superior written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in undertaking legal due diligence, disclosure, preparation of ancillary documents etc
- Competitive market salary/benefits and/or business-based partnership.
EMAIL ADDRESS: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All information will be treated with utmost confidentiality and is not accessible to outside parties.