The Legal Group’s (TLG) Intellectual Property (IP) Department maintains a
dynamic and high-profile presence locally, regionally and beyond. Our IP
office consists of an experienced team of lawyers, IP professionals,
commercial consultants, paralegals and market researchers, who are present on
the ground in each of the countries in which we operate.
Not only do we have a strong understanding of how IP law and judicial
procedures operate in each of these countries, but we also work closely with
economic departments, customs officers and IP enforcement officials in the
said list of countries.
Through various international affiliations, we have established a strong
presence and are protecting Intellectual Property rights in many countries.
Should we be required to extend our services to places we do not currently
cover, we will gladly provide legal and advisory work for those countries and
strive to protect the interest of our clients there.
TLG’s Intellectual Property practice consists of a highly driven and
experienced legal team that has been practicing in the region for almost two
decades. Our clients include American, European, Japanese, Italian, and
Korean brand owners among the few. we cover various industries not limited
to, but including automobile, electronics, printing consumables, fashion
industry and power tools just to name a few.
The Intellectual Property Department comprises of four divisions:
Intellectual Property Registration
Market Research and Study
Intellectual Property Enforcement
Intellectual Property Litigation
Our extensive experience in handling IP portfolios for various
internationally recognised companies extends to the following areas:
- Strategic advisory on IP protection matters and policies.
- Legal consultancy on local and regional laws and procedures.
- Registration and recorders of Trademarks, Patents and industrial
- Enforcement of IP Rights in the Middle East & North Africa Region as
well as Eastern European Region.
- Inspect and research on counterfeits activities.
- Follow up with customs and law enforcement agencies.
- Litigation of civil matters before the competent courts.
- Arbitration and mediation between parties on related disputes.