Whether it is the establishment, structuring, marketing or review of regulated investment funds; the setting and structuring of on-shore and offshore investment businesses; or asset management, our team of accomplished lawyers routinely work with our Clients on all aspects of investment activities and cross-border transactions.
Our advice is entrepreneurial, our lawyers have acute market awareness and our experience expands across different geographical locations and regulatory regimes. Our integrated team finds the accurate solution to execute every transaction. We understand and embrace the unique circumstances and end goals of every Client, who rely on us to cut through complexities and provide simple yet innovative and pragmatic solutions to challenging cross-border transactions.
Through integration of our multi-disciplinary teams and a blend of local knowledge and global market awareness we have advised and assisted foreign investors in setting up and licensing of investment companies in the mainland UAE, DIFC as well as other Free Zones and Off-Shore territories such as the Cayman and British Virgin Islands.
Our clients are the founders of investment management firms, stakeholders, fund managers and foreign investors and we advise them on issues surrounding the following:
- Fund Formation: The establishment and operation of open-ended, close-ended, foreign, domestic and or special types of collective investment funds.
- Business Startups: Obtaining regulatory approvals for our Clients to set up their new businesses in the UAE, free zone and off-shore jurisdictions.
- Co-investment: Then structuring and advising on co-investment vehicles.
- Local Laws: Advise on local financial regulations in relevant jurisdictions.
- On-going compliance: Providing regular advisors to check regulatory compliance with monitory bodies.
- Governance: Advise on compliance with rules of governance, auditing, marketing, fund manager obligations, regulatory matters and including but not limited to the winding up procedures.
- Reviews: To review, asses and determine the terms with reference to the funds in which our Clients are considering investing and assisting them in the further negotiation of terms and collateral arrangements.
TLG boasts of comprehensive expertise in the knowledge of local laws and regulatory requirements of monitory bodies such as the UAE Central Bank and the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA) which gives us the proficiency to further our Clients’ local investment goals through setting up of investment companies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi as well as allows us to provide legal advise on the establishment of local mutual funds and/or to promote foreign funds in the UAE.
We have also advised clients on obtaining authorization and license from the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) to set up and operate open-ended, close-ended, foreign, domestic and special types of collective investment funds whether in the form of a partner, a company or a trust in the DIFC and other Financial Free Zones.
We also represent institutional and high net worth investors (HNI) and advise them on initial acquisition of investment portfolios, regulatory requirements, deal structuring and the creation of an exit strategy.